Thursday, August 20

Faith Journaling

Recently I've come back to my "real" (read paper, not digital) faith/prayer art journal. I've been enjoying the process, playing with paints and gesso and using up some old rub-ons. I rediscovered how great way of spending time with God it might be. Listening to Christian songs and writing down the lyrics or some Bible verses is an amazing way to focus on the Word and allow yourself to be touched and transformed by it.

Here are a few of my pages I want to share.








And if you'd like to get to know more about the process and find more inspiration on faith journaling and typography, here are a few links to people that inspire me:
Wilna Furstenberg's art/prayer journaling videos
Illustrated Faith community (art journaling in your Bible)
Soulscripts blog (inspiring blog posts about faith and beautiful typography of Bible verses)

and the bands I love at the moment:
I Am They
Rend Collective
Gungor

 

No comments: